- Locals Enjoy Special Savings at Dolphin Bay Through May 22nd!
- The Spa at Dolphin Bay is now featuring Cosmetic Rejuvenation Services from Revive MD!
- Book your Holiday Party before November 11th and get a $100 gift card to Lido!
- The Spa at Dolphin Bay supports Making Strides Against Breast cancer of San Luis Obispo
- Enter to win a spa package during Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
in the news
Grilled Scallops and Watermelon Salad
1 each Watermelon, approx. 5 pounds
½ cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
½ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Fresh Mint, Chopped
6 each Mint Sprigs, Whole
16 each Day Boat Scallops, Large
2 tbsp. Canola Oil
Salt and Pepper
Cut the top and the bottom off of the Watermelon. Cut the flesh from the Watermelon taking care to remove any white part of the rind. Cut into bite size pieces, removing and discarding the seeds. Seedless watermelon is also an option. Place the Watermelon pieces and the sliced Red Onion in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the Vinegar, Salt and Pepper, and whisk until Salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the Olive Oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the Chopped Mint, taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Refrigerate.
Lightly brush the Scallops with Oil and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Grill on hot grill, approximately two minutes on each side.
To serve, divide salad among individual plates. Place two Scallops on each salad. Garnish with Mint Leaves and Lime Wedges.
Recipe courtesy Executive Chef Maegen Loring of Lido at Dolphin Bay. Chef Maegen suggests pairing with a chilled glass of Rosé.