- The Spa at Dolphin Bay is now featuring Cosmetic Rejuvenation Services from Revive MD!
- Book your Holiday Party before November 11th and get a $100 gift card to Lido!
- The Spa at Dolphin Bay supports Making Strides Against Breast cancer of San Luis Obispo
- Enter to win a spa package during Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
- Lido Recipe: Hearty Smoked Salmon and Beet Salad
in the news
Seared Day Boat Scallops with Crispy Prosciutto and Grilled Peaches
- 12 each large scallops
- 4 slices thin sliced prosciutto
- 2 each ripe yellow peaches
- Salt and Pepper
- Neutral oil for cooking
Preheat oven to 375. First crisp prosciutto on a sheet tray in the oven for about 10 minutes. Reserve prosciutto for later. Next, halve the peaches and scoop out the pit, then slice each half into 4 even wedges. Sprinkle peaches with salt and pepper. Over a hot grill, cook peaches for about 5 minutes on each side. You should see nice, dark, grill marks and the peaches should be soft, not mush. Now heat a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat and add enough neutral oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper, and add to the pan and cook on one side for about 7 minutes then turn and cook another 5 minutes. Arrange the Peaches on 4 separate plates, and then place scallops around the peaches. Top the dish with the crispy prosciutto and serve.
Recipe by Lido at Dolphin Bay Executive Chef, Jacob Moss.
Pairs with local Clesi Malvasia Bianca.
Pairing by Dolphin Bay & Spa Director of Food & Beverage, Todd Brown.
Todd also suggests pairing our summer dinner entrée, Wild Salmon with Summer Squash Succotash and Charred Tomatoes, with Chamisal Pinot Noir.