- Locals Enjoy Special Savings at Dolphin Bay Through May 22nd!
- The Spa at Dolphin Bay is now featuring Cosmetic Rejuvenation Services from Revive MD!
- Book your Holiday Party before November 11th and get a $100 gift card to Lido!
- The Spa at Dolphin Bay supports Making Strides Against Breast cancer of San Luis Obispo
- Enter to win a spa package during Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
in the news
Mussels and Clams in Paradise Road Pilsner
1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil, such as vegetable
8 each mussels, Price Edward Island or medium size black mussels
6 each clams, Littlenecks or Aquagems
½ cup leek whites, chopped and rinsed
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup Paradise Road Pilsner or light bodied beer
1 tablespoon butter
1 pinch chopped parsley
Chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste
Heat medium sauté pan on high, add oil and wait 30 seconds for oil to warm. To avoid flame up, remove pan from heat to add mussels and clams, then place pan back on high heat and sauté for 2 minutes. Next add leeks and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add garlic and heat until aromatic, but not brown. Add beer, being cautious of hot steam, and cover sauté pan. Turn down to medium heat and simmer until all clams and mussels are open. Finish with butter, chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a large bowl and top with chopped parsley.
Paradise Road Pilsner is a light bodied and crisp Bohemian style lager from local craft brewery Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company.